Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pavlova

This is a new thing for me.. I dont really like Pavlova because of the too-much-sweetness..
I can't really stand the sweetness of the mix of white eggs n castor sugar..
Pavlova is actually a baked white eggs, so to speak. haha BUT, they add it with sugars (lot of em) , topped it with whipping cream, and add fruits on top of it. and it becoming this :






The Recipe : http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Fruit/recipe.html?dishid=2723

2nd recipe was from Joyofbaking - http://www.joyofbaking.com/Pavlova.html

I have FAIL several times making this. Tested few recipes, even the ingredients is just the same, BUT the outcome was never the same. The temperature play the important roles, and the SUGAR, never reduce the sugar - note to self. hehe. Konon2 nak kurangkan manis kan, so kurangkan gula almost half of it, and it turns out flat. the pavlova jadik flat n melekit. FAIL. hehe

So the above picture comes from 2 different recipes.
But I think I'm gonna stick with Anna Olson's Pavlova recipe. It simple, not too much drama and it turns out well ( 1st and 2nd picture ), except the too-crunchy and easily broke edges. but I think that is my fault. i bake it for 40mins and left in the oven for 20mins, padahal it was half from the recipe. so next time will reduce the time and we'll see how it goes.

I make 9 inch of double layer pavlova for rm50, and 1 layer 9 inch for rm35 However, the fruits I use is only grapes, kiwi and red apple. if you wish to have strawberries, that will be counted differently. Thanx ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for reading and sightseeing =)